- SSE was recognized as one of the fastest-growing private companies in the United States by Inc. Magazine. The magazine listed SSE as #1599 overall and #14 in Louisiana, with three-year accumulated growth of 247 percent. Click here for more information on the award.
- Superior Safety Performance Award from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Mississippi Valley Division, for Safety Performance in the Hurricane Protection Office (HPO).
- Mindy Nunez Airhart, SSE’s Business Development Manager, testified at the U.S. Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship’s Panel on “Disaster Recovery: Evaluating the Role of Americaʼs Small Business in Rebuilding Their Communities” in Washington, D.C., about her company’s experiences during and after Hurricane Katrina.
- Graduation from the SBA’s 8(a) program
- Louisiana PTAC ‘Government Contractor of the Year’ Award, presented at the Louisiana Small Business Awards at the Governor’s Mansion in Baton Rouge, LA
- New Member Company of the Year – Associated Builders and Contractors (Bayou Chapter)
- U.S. Small Business Administration (Southwest Region) District Director’s Choice Award, presented by Ronald Coulonge, Louisiana District Director and Hector V. Barreto, Administrator of the U.S. Small Business Administration in Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Nominee for the Small Business Prime Contractor of the Year – U.S. Small Business Administration’s Regional Office V, in Ft. Worth, TX.
- Administrator’s Award for Excellence certificate at the SBA’s National Entrepreneurial Conference and Expo in Washington, D.C.
- Certificate of Special Congressional Recognition from New Orleans District Corps of Engineers for SSE’s professionalism, dedication, and commitment, presented by Congressman Richard Baker.